The after meeting Amateur Radio Technical Discussion Gathering !
Last Update:Oct 2, 2018
WELCOME to the 2018
"TARA Technical Gathering"
Our Next Gathering will be Oct 13th at appx 2pm
(following the TARA General Meeting)
This month: REPEATER LINKING !
The Special Operating Practices
"Technical " understanding of the processes involved.
- Normal QSO's using a linked repeater system
- The "indicators" used to remind you the repeater is a linked system
- Full time vs controlled linked systems
- Advantages and disadvantages of linked systems
- Analog and digital system differences
- Running a NET over a linked system
- And if time permits, the technical aspects of linked systems
(all links are NOT created equal)
Otherwise, we might discuss other technical aspects of our hobby along with your personal experiences!
Hope to see you there!
The TARA Tech Gathering is for experienced and new hams alike.
The gathering will be held after the TARA General Meeting.
The actual format will be adjusted as needed for topics, participants, and time available.
Please join us!
TARA Contact: WA6EWV